I'm looking to join a team where I can learn as well as teach, stretch my boundaries, and create something amazing!
I have experience in a wide variety of languages, tools, frameworks, and libraries. I eagerly embrace the new tools, techniques, and approaches that are constantly evolving in the industry. I strive for elegance and simplicity.
I have experience in both back-end and front-end development, often on the same project.
On the front-end, I've used all the major frameworks: jQuery, AngularJS, Backbone, ReactJS, ExtJS, Underscore, and more. More importantly, I have leveraged whatever tools are available to create responsive and complelling user interfaces.
On the back-end, I've used a variety of databases, message queue brokers, caches, application servers, servlet containers, and related tools. My focus here is performance and scalability.
I'm strongly test focused, using a variety of tools to ensure any code I write is high quality.
- Framework Design: converting domain knowledge into reusable code
- Full Stack Thinking: can appreciate applications from the user's perspective, all the way down to low-level code
- Mentoring: sharing my experience in a classroom setting, or less formally
- Writing: published author, expert speaker, good at distilling complex information
- Gets Things Done: pragmatic about priorities and deliverables